Encapsulations will help improve poor air quality in and under your home. Low air quality can cause harm to ones health quickly. Consequently, breathing in the contaminates of an unattended crawlspace on a daily basis can stir up asthma attacks and allergies.
Wood decay can cause health problems by breathing in bad particles. Therefore, we provide a free assessment to check your home for wood-decay & fungi issues. As a result, we’ll treat wood with our Moldcare/Boracare treatment to preserve it.
As a result of keeping your crawlspace dry, it deprives wood destroying fungi spores of moisture needed to grow. That’s why we offer moisture barrier installation services. Our moisture barriers protect your home from the harmful effects of moisture and keep your air clean.
Uncontrolled moisture in the crawlspace can lead to damage to your home’s structure over time if not managed properly. More importantly, it can also lead to health problems by breathing in bad air from the crawlspace. Did you know that most of the air that you breath in your home comes from the crawlspace? We provide solutions to manage these particular circumstances. As a result, we offer dehumidifier solutions. Ask about our new wifi-enabled dehumidifiers, controllable via your smart devices.
PROTECT YOUR HOME FROM MOISTURE, WOOD DESTROYING FUNGI, & PESTS WITH U.S. CRAWLSPACE SERVICES
Did you know: The average crawl space absorbs nearly 20 gallons of water vapor every day. Excessive moisture can cause structural damage and can provide the perfect environment for wood destroying fungi, wood rot, and insect infestations. As a result, these facts are why we offer encapsulation services.
- Although not part of the living environment, a crawl space is one of the more important areas of your home and is also one of the most neglected.
- Because of the stack effect, it has a huge impact on the air quality in the occupied area of the building.
- In addition to the health benefits of an encapsulation, the condition of a crawlspace can also have negative or positive effects on the integrity of your home.
ENCAPSULATION SERVICES FROM U.S. CRAWLSPACE
- When a U.S. Crawlspace Professional comes to your home to perform an encapsulation, they’ll completely clean your crawlspace of debris.
- Any cracks, openings, and remaining holes where air can enter your crawlspace will be sealed. Furthermore, once the sealing process is complete, custom styrofoam covers are fitted over any vent openings.
- At this point, the foundation walls, floor joists, and subfloor will be completely treated with an anti-fungal and termite control product.
- Finally, we install a 10 mil clear poly sheeting on the walls, around supports, and covering the ground. In addition, once the poly has been taped and sealed at the joints, a dehumidifier is placed in the crawlspace for maximum moisture removal.
- Learn more about U.S. Crawlspace and follow us on social media – Facebook • Twitter • Instagram.
ENCAPSULATION AND CRAWLSPACE MOISTURE FACTS
- The musty smell in your home can come from under your crawl space.
- Fungi left untreated can cause breathing problems and structural damage.
- Sometimes cricket feces is misidentified as fungus.
- U.S. Crawlspace professionals use a moisture meter, or hydrometer, to measure the moisture in the wood under your home.
- If your crawlspace has a moisture level of 20% or more, active fungus can grow.
- We monitor all of our customer’s homes and protected crawlspaces for moisture issues.
- Poor drainage, plumbing leaks, and heavy rains can cause threats to your crawlspace condition.
- The U.S. Crawlspace encapsulation inspection is 100% no cost, for you to find out what we can do to help.
- Some people want their crawlspace encapsulated for health reasons, others to protect their home and some to prevent any unwanted issues.